How LA SOSTA project has begun
In 2016, Simone Guidi, founder of “LA SOSTA SPECIALTY COFFEE” came back to Florence, after the most important professional and personal experience of his life: one year and a half in Melbourne, Australia...
What is the Coffee Roasting process?
When cooked, coffee transform itself through thousands of small chemical reactions:
- it changes color, from green to yellow and then brown;
- it increases in volume, about double;
- it loses almost half of its density and about 80% of its water content;
- it noticeably develops sweetness and acidity;
- it becomes aromatically 10 times more complex.
What Specialty Coffee is?
Basically a Specialty Coffee must not have any primary defects, serious defects, such as mold, fungus or foreign contamination, so even just one bean is enough to irremediably compromise the flavor and aroma of the cup, this can compromise all the work of selection and care.